Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tempeh Winter Soup


I haven't had much time to cook or update the blog lately, however, I made time to make a few things and have had a pile of recipes that I am looking forward to veganizing.
This soup was inspired by  my favorite cook book the vegan table (of course).
So, here is another easy recipe for us busy vegans or those seeking more veggies in our busy lives. 

I made it with the purple potatoes with cashew cream- recipe from January 28th

4 cups veggie stock
1 8 oz package  tempeh cubed ( I use the spiced tempeh)
4 carrots
3 yellow potatoes ( I add red potatoes too)
1 medium size yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil 
2 garlic cloves minced ( or 1 teaspoon chopped from a jar )
2 tablespoons Tomato paste
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce/Tamari
2 Bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried marjoram (I used fresh)
1 teaspoon thyme ( I used fresh)
3 yellow crook neck squash
3 zucchinis
salt and pepper
dash of liquid smoke
parsley and chives for topping

In a large soup pot simmer the veggie stock, cubed potatoes, tempeh, herbs and tomato sauce on medium heat.
Simultaneously in a sauce pan saute the chopped onion and garlic until they start to turn clear and add the chopped carrots, salt and pepper and add then add to the large soup pan . Add the squash last as it cooks quickest and simmer until the potatoes are soft and serve topped with chives and parsley.

Delicious and was even better the next day.

Check out my Valentine Bouquet from Chad, the coolest person in the universe! I love it
Happy Valentines Dayt.
 

1 comment:

  1. I asked Chad to check my spelling- Thanks "coolest person in the universe"

    ReplyDelete