Sunday, January 17, 2010

And The Golden Globe goes to....



I have been wanting to make Rice Crispy treats for a while and boy am I glad that I did tonight. Originally I was going to call this blog Vegan Junk Food but since I am not trying to promote an unhealthy diet I decided not to.  I try to make the healthiest food possible but have a fierce craving for JUNK!! These were a super hit while watching the Golden Globes tonight with Chad and Beth.

Sorry Drew, your dress was not very cute but I still love you.

1 Tablespoon of Earth Balance
1/2 box of Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
1/2 bag of semi sweet vegan chocolate chips

Stir over medium heat until all is melted, scoop in to a tin foil lined baking pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve with a scoop of Mocha Soy Dream
and everyone involved will be thrilled.

xo
C


5 comments:

  1. Okay, these are insane. They need to never be made again. I've eaten half the tray and am currently looking at them, losing willpower by the second. I am powerless to these little devil treats.

    I believe these would be the signature desserts if Christel ever wanted to open a cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Chad-- he did eat half the pan! Seriously though this is a signature dessert. It is INCREDIBLE. I'm not even into sweets and i always skip dessert, but this one is fantastic. I ate every bite. The best thing was that it didn't leave that sugary sweet taste in my mouth, so i was able to enjoy it and not feel like i was still craving more sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth- i omitted your comment because it was a duplicate. So glad you enjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rice crispy treats were really good. They definitely fill a chocolate craving. I would also like to try the plain version. These were always one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete