Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Swamp Thing I think I love you !!


This is a good picture of how I usually feel in the morning.

I have to admit that I was skeptical about Chad's Christmas gift request. He had wanted a Vita Mix 4500 blender for a few months. The price of this kitchen appliance is daunting. It retails around $400-$500 .
I repeatedly asked him, "it is a blender right?"
I wouldn't balk at a similarly priced item as long as I could wear it. Not to mention we already had a blender that worked just fine.
I cracked and purchased the blender.  Chad was ecstatic and now, so am I!
This blender has a 2 1/2 horse power motor and you can put virtually anything in it.

Lately I have been using it in the morning.
I throw these items in: 
Kale - approximately 5 large leaves
1/2 of banana
a few stalks of celery
tiny piece of ginger
1/2 cup apple juice + add water to keep the calorie content low
Rice protein powder
and Ice
The Vitamix turns it to liquid.

This shake will wake you up!! I highly recommend the vita mix and have heard that Blendtec   makes a comparable model that retails at a slightly lower price.
We have made butternut squash soup in it. This blender is life changing

 


 

5 comments:

  1. I was creeped out by the prospect of drinking green goo, but was completely surprised by how good this tastes! The apple, banana and ginger really balanced out the tannins of the kale. SUPER DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so right about this thing. My Yerba Matte shake is this bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo (I think!) :) So does the apple juice and ginger take out the raw kale taste? I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apple juice definitely turns it in to a sweet treat. I alternate between apple juice and coconut water. The Kale is surprisingly mild.

    ReplyDelete